Saturday 30 March 2013

Book Review: Grave Consequences by Lisa T Bergren

About the Book: The Powerful, Epic Romance Continues, Book 2 in Lisa T. Begren's Grand Tour series

For Cora Kensington, the journey of a lifetime takes unexpected twists. And her future-her very life-depends on the decisions she'll make at each crossroad. As her European tour with her newfound family takes her through Austria, France, and Italy, an unseen enemy trails close behind. Meanwhile, a forbidden love continues to claim her heart, putting everyone's plans in danger.
And as Cora stays one step ahead of it all, what might need the most protection is her own heart, torn between the dramatic pursuit of a dashing Frenchman and a man who has been quietly staking claim to her affections all along. Love has dangers all its own. She must escape the bonds of the past and discover the faith to make the right choices, as each one has grave consequences. 

My Thoughts: One thought that kept running through my mind as I read this book (and the first one in this series, Glamourous Illusions) was - man, this must've taken a lot of research to write this book!  Filled with amazing descriptions of the scenery and history of numerous European countries, if this doesn't make you want to visit Europe for yourself, I don't know what will!  Of course, almost none of us would be able to travel in the same high society style that this tour took, but it would have been splendid indeed!

For the most part, I am continuing to enjoy this series.  My one complaint is that it does seem to be dragging on a bit too much for me - especially since there's still at least one more book to go!  I think it's because most of the book series I read have each book in the series focusing on a different character, so that even though they're all related to each other, they are easily stand alone books and each story is resolved by the end of the book.  I don't really like this style as much as it's much more difficult to read as a stand alone book (you can, but it took me awhile to remember who was who and to remember what had happened in the previous book, and I had read it!).  There are numerous interesting characters in this series, so the books could easily have been written that way, but that obviously wasn't the writers intent, and who am I to suggest she do it differently!  Just my humble opinion.

As you can tell from my review of her previous book, I did love that story and I also loved this one.  I'm just beginning to wish this particularly storyline ended with the book.

Still definitely looking forward to book #,3 but I do hope it'll wrap up the Cora storyline.

Bergren's writing style and abilities are simply amazing and I look forward to reading her other books as well!

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for organizing this tour and providing me with my complimentary review copy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails