Friday 13 November 2015

Day 13 - Commute

Day 13 - Your Commute to and from Work/School, etc.

Well, I don't go to school and I don't work outside of the home, so this one's pretty boring.  So, let's give a bit of history.....

After I graduated, I went to university downtown and lived in a tiny basement suite of a couple from our church.  I took the city bus or walked to school and to the restaurant I worked part time at.

When we got married and I was working, I continued to take the bus to work as long as we lived in the city - so for 2 years.

When we built our first house in our small town, I started car pooling to work with a few fellow employees.  Had a few interesting driving experiences with one particularly crazy driver.  The two of us in the backseat joked that car pooling with Brad was good for our prayer lives.

After having kids I went on maternity leave and then stayed home with them.  I currently do volunteer work at church and school (drive the van), as well as do the bookkeeping for Nathan's home building company.

We live close enough to the elementary school that our youngest 3 walk to school, and we live just far enough away from the high school for our oldest to take the bus.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails