Sunday 8 November 2015

Day 8 - Books

Day 8 - A Book I loved and One I Didn't

Surprisingly, this is a tough one for me.  Mainly because I read so many books that the titles/authors all tend to blend together somewhat, and it's not very often one jumps out as being way better than another, or, for that matter, way worse.

The Bible is the easy, Sunday School answer, and it is true.  But for just "regular" books....

One of my favourites is Angie Smith's I Will Carry You.  It's a heartbreaking and inspiring true story - if you read it, have kleenex at hand.

About the book: In 2008, Angie Smith and her husband Todd (lead singer of the group Selah) learned through ultrasound that their fourth daughter had conditions making her "incompatible with life." Advised to terminate the pregnancy, the Smiths chose instead to carry this child and allow room for a miracle. That miracle came the day they met Audrey Caroline and got the chance to love her for the precious two-and-a-half hours she lived on earth.

As far as least favourite, I would say that it's books that are theologically inaccurate.  Two that I have read would be Heaven is for Real, and A More Christlike God.  For an interesting read, check out this article - "Christian" Books Every Christian would be Better Off NOT Reading


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails