Monday 20 May 2013

Book Review: Duchess by Susan May Warren



About the Book: Book Three in the Daughters of Fortune series.

When her country needs her, will she have the courage to surrender her glittering world and her one true love?

The golden age of Hollywood is in the business of creating stars. Rosie Worth, now starlet Roxy Price, has found everything she's wanted in the glamour of the silver screen. With adoring fans and a studio-mogul husband, she's finally silenced the voices-and grief-of the past. Her future shines bright...until the fated Black Friday when it all comes crashing down. When Roxy loses everything, she finds herself disgraced and penniless. Her only hope is to join forces with Belgian duke Rolfe Van Horne, a longtime film investor. But Rolfe is not who he seems, and he has other plans for Roxy and her movies-plans to support a growing unrest in Europe, plans that could break her heart and endanger her life. Find out more about the series by clicking on these links. Heiress. Baroness.


My Thoughts: I previously reviewed both Heiress and Baroness, so I was thrilled to have the chance to review the third book in the series as well.  I love Susan May Warren's writing, and though this series is a pretty big departure from the style of previous works I've read by her, I've loved this one as well.

One thing I wish authors would do is provide a quick summary of the previous books in the series.  I've read them both but still felt like I didn't quite remember all the details, and I do think it adds more depth as you're reading to have that background firmly in mind.  

That being said, this book swept me away once again.  I didn't mind reading all about the golden age of Hollywood, but I really loved the turn the book took when it moved into Europe and I thoroughly enjoyed that part of the storyline.


Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for organizing this tour and providing me with my complimentary review copy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails