Sunday 15 December 2013

On the 3rd day of Christmas...

On the 3rd day of Christmas Nathan's true love gave to him.... 


3 Lindor chocolates - his favourite!


There's actually a little story to go along with this one. I thought this day would be the easiest of all days.  Lindor chocolates are Nathan's favourite and they come in these cute packs of 3, so this was the first one I thought of.  Easy!  So I thought.

I could not find them anywhere!

I was sure I had seen them at Walmart, but Friday I looked everywhere - the seasonal chocolate section, the check out aisles, the express checkout aisle (whilst proclaiming "I'm not cutting in line, I'm just looking for something!").  Nada.

So, when we drove home I checked the local grocery...nothing.  I checked the gas station....nope.  I phoned the local flower/balloon/gift store....no.  She suggested a different grocery/gas station in town so I tried there....nothing.

Yesterday was date night and, as is our custom, we went for dinner, then to the book store, and then to a movie.  While we were at the bookstore I snuck out and went to go look for these chocolates at Target.  Nothing.  So, finally I decided to just buy a bigger package and that I would take 3 out and package them as the gift.  Course, now I had another dilemma - I only had my small purse along, so how would I hide this purchase for the rest of our date?  So, I opened up the bag and crammed all the chocolate into my purse and tossed the packaging.  Walking back to the bookstore I passed a Shopper's Drug Mart.  Decided I may as well look.  Sure enough - there they were, and they were even on sale!  Argh!  

So, I bought them.

And the extra Lindor's are just bonus. :)

Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaaaa.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails