Wednesday 8 October 2014

From Pinned to Practice - earring display

Finally, another episode of "From Pinned to Practice"!

I've always had a major earring sensitivity.  Nickel free doesn't cut it, it's gold or white gold only for this girl, which makes for some expensive earrings and not very many of them to choose from.  I even tried stainless steel and sterling silver, to no avail.  One day I emailed a local jewelry maker and asked her if she had any ideas of another material I could use that wouldn't break the bank.  She had two ideas and so I purchased two pairs of earrings from her, hoping one of the options would work.  Turns out, they both did!  The titanium was the best so I decided to stick with that.  I then proceeded to send her all of my cheap earrings and replace the hooks with titanium ones - I was so excited to get them back and have earring options!  But then the problem was - how to display them?!  Especially the longer ones that get a bit tangled if you just throw them in a container.

So, I turned to Pinterest.  And found this.....


Click Pic for 33 Creative DIY Jewelry Organizers | DIY Jewelry Storage Ideas - Dangling Earring Organizer  | DIY Storage Ideas for Small Spa...

and this....
Jewelry Organizer Pegboard
and this....


I was recently out on a girls weekend with my best friend and I had mentioned this idea to her.  With a little bit of prompting by her, along with a generous offer to use her just purchased blue burlap, I picked up a cork board (Hobby Lobby) and 3 charm necklaces (Joanne's Fabric).  When we got back to the hotel we decided to do a bit of crafting!  I asked the guy at the front desk if I could borrow his scissors and we quickly cut the right amount of blue burlap.  When I returned the scissors I thanked him for lending them to me, he thanked me for returning them, and I asked to borrow a stapler!  After completing the project, I returned the stapler and he asked if we needed any paper clips! Ha ha.

When I got home, I mounted it on the wall (came with double sided "tape"), hung up the necklaces with a few tacks, inserted the earring hooks into the chains, and voila!


I love it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails