Wednesday, 4 November 2015
30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 4 - 10 Interesting Facts About Yourself
Day 4 - 10 Interesting Facts About Yourself
I'm not sure if they're necessarily all that interesting, but here's 10 facts about me....
1) I have had 3 last names. I was born with the last name Dueck. After my dad's death and my mom's remarriage to my new Dad, I became a Friesen. And then when I married, I became a Reimer. Mennonite all the way around! (We've also got Rempel, Thiessen, and Koop in our blood)
2) I've been blessed to be loved by two dads and my heavenly Father, and a husband that is an amazing dad to our 4 kids.
3) Nathan and I have built and moved into 6 new houses in the past 17 years. The longest we ever lived in one house was 4 1/2 years. The shortest was 8 months.
4) I've been pregnant 6 times.
5) Nathan and I have been on 8 cruises and are planning our 9th. The best part is that they've all been free.
6) I switched schools several times in my early elementary education, and then stayed put the rest of the time. Preschool was in Calgary, Kindergarten in Winnipeg, Grade 1 in St. Adolphe, and Grade 2-12 in Niverville.
7) I went to U of W for one year in the Faculty of Education (it was the last year Education was a 4 yr degree). I was planning to become a high school math teacher. I no longer have a desire to teach high school math. :)
8) I am currently learning how to play hockey for the first time in my life! I started this past spring with a 12 week session, and am continuing once a week now from October through March. I never took skating lessons, or played hockey or ringette as a kid, so this is a new and fun experience for me! I'm not sure if the kids think it's more hilarious or awesome.
9) I have a weakness for chips. And freshly baked cookies. And cinnamon buns. And chocolate. But not ice cream. Unless it's a Rolo revel.
10) I have exercised between 4 - 6 days a week for the past 17 years, including right up until delivery with all 4 babies (I took a bit of time off when I was really sick during pregnancy). I've done everything from the TSN Caribbean workout, to Slim in 6, to Insanity, to training for a 10K, to P90X3, to Insanity Max 30, to various Jillian Michaels DVDs, to PiYo, to Body Beast, to the Venus Index, to Chalean Extreme, to 21 Day Fix Extreme, to T25. There's a couple more oldies I did way back when that I can't remember. Ooh - I just googled it - I also did Buns of Steel, Tae Bo, and Body Moves.