I've decided to do my first ever giveaway in memory of Georgia.
In order to be eligible for this blog giveaway you must complete the following...
1) Sign the Petition to Cure SMA. You will receive one bonus entry if you also have your spouse/children sign the petition. For more details on the petition see my previous blog post.
2) Go to Georgia's parents blog and post a comment on their blog letting them know that you and your family (if applicable) have signed the petition in memory of Georgia.
3) You can receive a third bonus entry if you post about this blog giveaway on your blog, or if you tell a friend (email or in person) about the petition.
4) You can receive a fourth bonus entry if you already signed the petition before you read about this giveaway, in response to my previous post (or however you previously heard about the petition).
5) Comment on this post letting me know that you and/or your family signed the petition, and if you spread the word via the blogosphere, email or word of mouth, and if you signed it before reading about the giveaway.
Obviously a few of these things require me to rely on the honour system. Of course, I have the utmost faith in my readership and do not doubt your integrity in any way, so I know this will not be an issue.
US & Canadian entries are all eligible. And, due to a few of my online friends residing in other corners of the world - I am also opening this up to Australia and England. If you're from somewhere else, and are interested, I'd likely be convinced to include you as well. Twist my rubber arm.
The winner will be picked at random.
So - what's the prize? There are actually two prizes!
First, those who know me will not be surprised when I say.... a book :)
One of my favourite Christian authors is Randy Alcorn. Recently as I was purchasing some items on Christian Book Online I came across this amazing sale of Randy's book Deception. I couldn't resist purchasing it, even though I've already read it. I was planning to donate it to our church library, but they already have a copy of it, so it's a perfect item to give away.
Deception is a spinoff of Deadline and Dominion but it is also a stand alone book - you don't have to read the others in order for it to make sense.
Here's the publisher's description of the book
Who Done It...and Why? Ollie Chandler is a brilliant and quick-witted homicide detective who lives by Ollie's First Law: "Things are not what they appear." So when a university professor is found murdered and the motive looks like revenge, a stunning discovery leads him to an unimaginable conclusion. Could the murderer be a fellow homicide detective? As Ollie probes deeper, another detective is murdered. What is the root of this jumbled, deceptive mess of lies and secrets? Jake Woods returns from Deadline , and Clarence Abernathy from Dominion in this heart-pounding murder mystery bristling with tension and suspicion. Deception will take you to heaven and hell and back again...breathless to discover the truth.
The second prize will remain a secret - don't you just love surprises?! :) I will reveal the secret prize when I name the winner of this giveaway.
You have less than a week to enter - the giveaway will close at 11:30am CST on Thursday, May 21st - the one month anniversary of Georgia's death.
Thank you for your support of the Petition to Cure SMA and good luck!