Monday 30 July 2012

Book Review: Tales of the Not Forgotten by Beth Guckenberger

About the Book: Follow these real-life stories as they take you on a journey to faraway lands and unknown faces. Travel through their challenges and see the hand of the great Storyweaver writing endings you’d never imagine!

Joel dares to ask for what he can’t have. Seraphina sacrifices what she can’t afford to give. Ibrahim looks for an answer buried out of reach. Christiana, saved by a mission, searches for her own.

These are the tales of the ones the world doesn’t see . . . the tales of the not forgotten.

In this collection of four real-life stories written for preteens, a compelling storyteller paints a picture of God’s dynamic movement in four foreign cultures, inspiring children to trust that God is weaving a story in their lives as well.

This resource will shrink the macro picture down to approachable, individual stories of real children and teach about fundamental survival issues. The stories address some of the challenging questions that kids have and weave God's promises to orphans into each one.

The Tales of the Not Forgotten Leader’s Guide is a 6-session kids' missions resource (sold separately) that walks adults through an easy-to-follow guide for making the abstract real and for designing an action plan to help others.

Preteens will be challenged to answer the questions:
How do I pray? What can I give? Where can I go? Who will I serve?

My Thoughts:  I'm not a preteen, but I was challenged by these real life stories as well!  I was completely drawn into each of the four stories, literally to the point of tears during at least one of them, as I read how amazingly God answered prayer and worked through complete strangers, weaving their stories together for His glory.  Written at a level preteens can easily understand, it still captured my attention as an adult reader.

I'm definitely going to be giving this book to my preteen to read.  I pray it impacts her the way it impacted me.  

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity for organizing this tour and providing me with my complimentary review copy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails